Temp Parttime Faculty-Native American Studies - req# 6750
Temp Parttime Faculty-Native American Studies
|Hiring Department||UC Native American Studies (616A)|
|Academic Location||College of Arts & Sciences|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Benefits Eligible||Adjunct faculty may be eligible to receive certain UNM benefits in some cases. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
UNM Department of Native American Studies (NAS) anticipates hiring Adjunct Faculty to teach undergraduate level courses in the Spring 2019, Summer 2019, and Fall 2019 Semesters.
To teach courses as described above are determined by Higher Learning Commission’s accreditation requirements for faculty, and must be met by one of these ways:
1. Master’s Degree or higher in Native American Studies or subfield for which you are applying.
2. A master’s degree or higher in a discipline related to but other than that for which you are applying, and successful completion of at least 18 graduate credit hours in an accredited program in the discipline or subfield for which you are applying.
1. Two years professional experience in Native American Studies or subfield
2. An earned doctorate from an accredited institution
3. Successful teaching experience in a post-secondary institution
4. A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
5. Documentation of successful completion of the University of New Mexico, Extended Learning's online training or other similar online training.
|Application Instructions||Cover letter indicating the course(s) and/or disciplines in which you are interested in teaching; the days/times you are available to teach; and how your education and experience, satisfies the Minimum qualifications criteria described above. Curriculum Vitae. A list of names and contact information of three professional references who can speak to your directly relevant knowledge, skills and experiences. Please note: Qualified applicants may be evaluated for potential interviews by the hiring official as new openings become available throughout the time period covered by this posting. |
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
|For Best Consideration||This posting will remain active until 11/15/2018. Anyone who applies for a position under this posting will automatically be considered for openings in subsequent semesters unless they indicate in their cover letter that they are not interested in teaching in specific semesters.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.