Unit Administrator 1 - req# 10734
Unit Administrator 1
|Working Title||Unit Administrator 1|
UNM Athletics Men’s Basketball seeks a Unit Administrator 1 to assist in all Men's Basketball business matters to include financial reconciliations & reimbursements, front desk coverage, events planning, and assisting in donor events & recruiting travel.
Duties of the Unit Administrator 1 will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Overseeing and administering programs, strategies, and initiatives designed to develop, enhance, and support the various day-to-day activities of the men's basketball program.
· Overseeing all day-to-day internal and external finance.
· Reviewing and reconciling budgets, and working with the Athletics business office on financials.
· Managing or coordinating facility and resource management, information services, and general department administration.
· May supervise or provide functional leadership to one or more subordinate support staff engaged in routine administrative activities.
· Coordinating men's basketball camps, events, training and project development.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience managing at least one of the following functional areas: fiscal services, administration and/or human resources AND 1 year of additional experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Demonstrated experience in budget preparation and fiscal management.
· Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
· Ability to analyze, develop, establish, and maintain efficient office workflow and administrative processes.
· Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
· Experience in the supervision of employees
· Expertise with MS Office programs
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Athletics Mens Basketball (925D)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$2,596.53 - $3,769.33 monthly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/7/2019|
|Application Instructions||Please attach cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional (supervisory) references.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.