Virtual Infrastructure Administrator - req# 11470
Systems/Network Analyst 2
|Working Title||Virtual Infrastructure Administrator|
The University of New Mexico Information Technologies (IT) Platforms VIS group is seeking a highly motivated Virtual Infrastructure Administrator (Network/Systems Analyst 2) to work in a strong team environment to provide Systems support and management of enterprise level VMware/Backup/Storage computing services and performance monitoring services. The VIS team is responsible for centralized management of 100s of VMware servers, Backups, Storage and services as well as the monitoring UNM IT’s large network, systems and services. The successful applicant will have experience in day to day VMware/Backup(CommVault)/Storage(NetApp) maintenance as well as exposure to end-to-end monitoring, analysis, and troubleshooting; good communication skills; an understanding of IT systems management best practices and a sense of customer service for the values, practices and procedures found in a higher education environment.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
1. Participate in an on-call rotation to support the VMware/Backup/Storage machines and services hosted by UNM IT to resolve technical client server issues and requests.
2. Administration of monitoring, discovery and reporting software.
3. In depth, detailed, documentation of information architectures, applications and processes.
4. Assist with end-to-end troubleshooting of applications, operating systems and network infrastructure.
5. Ability to maintain web based dashboards for management and public notification.
6. Provide instructions and guidance for others to utilize monitoring and reporting software maintained by the VIS group.
7. Collaboratively work with other IT groups to identify, diagnose and repair performance issues thereby ensuring IT maintains quality services.
8. Assist other Systems Analysts on various projects and tasks.
9. Support and perform defined tasks in a VMware virtual environment.
10. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 1 year of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
1. Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field.
2. Advanced experience troubleshooting and tuning Linux systems.
3. Advanced knowledge and experience with scripting languages like Bash and Power Shell.
4. Experience in installing, configuring and maintaining monitoring and reporting software.
5. Experience troubleshooting application performance on multiple platforms.
6. Experience troubleshooting and tuning VMware/Backup/Storage Servers/Services.
7. Experience troubleshooting and tuning VMware ESXi hosts/servers.
8. Experience working in large-scale virtual server environments.
9. ITIL experience.
Other desired skillsets:
1. Linux Administration certifications.
2. Examples of successful team collaboration.
3. Experience maintaining web based reports and dashboards.
4. Experience with Virtual Infrastructure applications like vRa, Vrops and vCenter.
5. Bash, and PowerShell scripting experience.
6. Experience using commercial or open source monitoring applications.
7. Networking training.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Virtual Infrastructure (391A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3,434.31 to $4,598.00|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||12/9/2019|
|Application Instructions||Resume and Cover Letter Required.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.